Maximum Queries

Berta Nick Zoey

I get an error message that says I have exceeded the maximum queries that i can run in one day, which is 5. However, if I look at my query list, it shows that only 3 have been run on todays date. I should have two more that I could execute. Any idea as to why this is?

It takes 24 hours to release a PQ slot, regardless of what time of day it was submitted.

I get an error message that says I have exceeded the maximum queries that i can run in one day, which is 5. However, if I look at my query list, it shows that only 3 have been run on todays date. I should have two more that I could execute. Any idea as to why this is?

If I understand what Prime is saying, it is wrong.

The "day" is the day Pacific time (the times shown on the display.) (and not any "last 24 hours")

I would guess you have 2 more that have been selected to run today that have not yet run. (If so, unselecting them would let you run the PQ you want to run.)

Edited by beejay&esskay

It takes 24 hours to release a PQ slot, regardless of what time of day it was submitted.

It doesn't work that way. It goes by up to 5 queries a day from Midnight - Midnight Pacific time. The rolling 24 period would be very unpopular to Geocachers as we already had them get rid of the rolling week problem with the My Finds Query (Now it can be ran after 6 days instead of 7 to help have it run on the same day each week.) Based on this I can build and run 5 queries just before midnight and build and run 5 more just after midnight and then run the My Finds Query which theoreticly you can run up to 11 in a 24 hour period (if they all run).

Now what can affect the count and make it seem that you could only run 3 PQ's is one of a few things. 1. You ran the My Finds Query (For some reason this goes against your count I found this out the hard way I wonder if it supposed to do that maybe I should make a post for it, it could be a bug) 2. You had late running queries from the day before that didn't make it in that 24 Pacific time period (There's been a few quite like this lately), and 3. You had already run some PQ's with the auto delete option on that day. (I wouldn't even use that option as I rather have it deleted manually.)

That is WRONG. It is based on Seatle Time. 5 PQ's in any day, not a running 24 hours.

Umm... Not unless that was a change from the latest Revision. IF that was, REVERT!!!!!

The Steaks