Using an existing interpretive site for geocache?

MatieA

Reposted because first post was BLANK ;)

The scenario:

I took a walk today and stopped at an interpretive area ,and immediately thought "this place hasn't been visited very often", and then I had an idea: If this was a geocache, people would come here!

The dilemna:

I looked on the site for listing requirements and think that this site could be listed if I listed it as a multicache (offset) site; BUT I am not 100% sure that I am correct. I ran a few searches here on the forum and didn't find anything that appeared to address my dilemna. Can I in fact list this as a geocache; asking the finder to answer a question about a particular there, or not? If I can, then am I correct in believing that it would be listed as multicache (offset)?

If this cannot be done, then I will hide a cache there, and do it that way; it makes no never mind to me how I do it, but I thought that the "finding the answer to a question" part sounded like fun (at least to me, as I have done a couple of those and found them to be fun).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this issue I am having.

Be Safe!

MatieA

Edited by MatieA

I've done some more reading on the geocahing website, and it would appear that the type of cache that I would like to do would have been a "virtual cache" but that they are not allowing any more of these (too bad).

I guess I will put together a "traditional cache" to hide there, unless someone tells me that I can use my original idea before I get everything together.

Edited by MatieA

It sounds like an offset cache, which is a type of multi cache. Just remember when you go to list it, to include the coords of the actual cache as an additional waypoint.

Well I was kind of wanting this to BE the cache.

Maybe I'll look to see if I can make this part of an actual multicache ,as there are several interesting sites to see there.

Edited by MatieA