400T battery drain

Turning the unit off is not what you would expect. It's not like a switch is disconnecting the battery. Turning the unit off is only a "logical off". The radio receivers get turned off, the display gets turned off, power to the SD card probably gets disconnected.

Be assured that some core processor functions are not turned off. One of the first thing that comes to mind is the time and alarm function... you can set the alarm and then turn the unit off, the unit will come to life at the alarm set time and start making noise... All that time when the unit was "off", it was able to know when to turn itself back on to enable the alarm. It wasn't really "off".

"Off" just means, we're going to disable all peripheral functions and most core functions, but that we'll keep a bare minimum of functions going... maybe at a reduced clock rate...

Bottom line is, the batteries will die. Probably after a week, let alone a month.

Buy some rechargeables and don't worry about it.

No one seem to be startled by the main part of the original post.

Your 400t sat in a drawer for a month???

<_<

I agree with SamSpade. Get some rechargables. I recommend the low self discharge hybrids (like Eneloop).

I was waiting for that comment. I was using my GPS jacked on my IPAQ. Sometimes I like it better than the Colorado.