Membership Question

yellowbus

I have a DeLorme PN-40 running 2.5 beta firmware. It supposed to support lengthy comments downloaded from the "Send to GPS" feature of Geocaching.com. When I view the downloaded comments on the PN-40, the Description info is missing. In its place, a messege saying to see desc, I have to upgrade to Premium Membership. I'm okay with upgrading but wanted to make sure it will indeed give me the description field so I can have the detail clues, decrypting code, etc. loaded on the PN-40. The reason I'm not certain is because it doesn't say that in the upgrade page http://www.geocaching.com/Membership/Default.aspx

Can someone confirm? Thanks!

You will have the complete description and clues and and the last 5 logs.

I do have the PN-40 with 2.5 beta3 firmware.

John

Just upgraded. Description text is now downloaded to the PN-40 via "Send to GPS" but it's missing Additional Hints (i.e. decrypt info). Any ideas?

Also, can someone let me know how to use the Bookmark premium feature? Thanks!

You will have the complete description and clues and and the last 5 logs.

I do have the PN-40 with 2.5 beta3 firmware.

John

Just upgraded. Description text is now downloaded to the PN-40 via "Send to GPS" but it's missing Additional Hints (i.e. decrypt info). Any ideas?

Also, can someone let me know how to use the Bookmark premium feature? Thanks!

The hint should be there at the end of the logs. They make you work to see it.

Bookmarking is a nice feature that allows you to bookmark caches for a variety of reasons. You can create a list of favorites, or caches that feature something of interest to you (boat caches, hiking caches, cache with a view, etc.) to share with others.

You can create bookmarks of your DNFs, bookmarks of caches from a certain owner, use bookmarks to make a to do list, whatever.

To use it, first you create a bookmark by clicking on "manage bookmarks" in your profile. Then click on "create bookmark list".

Then when you see caches that you want to add to it, one of the options in the navigation box in the upper right hand corner of the cache page is "bookmark listing". Click on that and it will place that cache in your chosen bookmark list.

Edited by briansnat

The hint should be there at the end of the logs. They make you work to see it.

Bookmarking is a nice feature that allows you to bookmark caches for a variety of reasons. You can create a list of favorites, or caches that feature something of interest to you (boat caches, hiking caches, cache with a view, etc.) to share with others.

You can create bookmarks of your DNFs, bookmarks of caches from a certain owner, use bookmarks to make a to do list, whatever.

To use it, first you create a bookmark by clicking on "manage bookmarks" in your profile. Then click on "create bookmark list".

Then when you see caches that you want to add to it, one of the options in the navigation box in the upper right hand corner of the cache page is "bookmark listing". Click on that and it will place that cache in your chosen bookmark list.

Great tips! I've set up different categories for different areas...very useful. Thanks briansnat!