Alerts

Out4Sand

Is there a way to set up an alert when a new cache is posted in my area? I try to check as often as I can as I am trying to get my first FTF but I always seem to be a little late.

On your profile page, right side, under 'Premium Features' there is a link to 'Set up Notifications'.

That's what you are looking for.

While you're at it, set up a parallel insta-notify for retraction logs. Reviewers are human (except for the ones who are dogs), and sometimes we press the wrong button and publish a cache prematurely. When this happens we have the ability to retract the listing so it's unpublished again. This inevitably leads to lots of e-mails and forum posts wondering what happened to the new cache. With a notification set up for retraction logs, you will know the answer.

While you're at it, set up a parallel insta-notify for retraction logs. Reviewers are human (except for the ones who are dogs), and sometimes we press the wrong button and publish a cache prematurely. When this happens we have the ability to retract the listing so it's unpublished again. This inevitably leads to lots of e-mails and forum posts wondering what happened to the new cache. With a notification set up for retraction logs, you will know the answer.

Great idea. I didn't have those options selected. Although our local reviewer seems to have a sturdier mouse. I can't recall a local retraction in quite some time. :unsure:

While you're at it, set up a parallel insta-notify for retraction logs.
I have that option checked, but I've never received a single Retract message. Even though our local reviewer retracted some caches recently which where within the notification area.