looking to upgrade

I would like to get a idea on what i might want to do for upgrading my curent gps. I have a Garmin Venture HC and i can say i think it's a great unit and i don't have to get rid of it but i want to upgrade and i have seen some good prices for the Magellan Triton 500 GPS but don't know any thing about it, or should i just move up on my Garmin? Thanks ahead for all your input! :rolleyes:

Magellans have gotten a bad reputation since when they first released the Triton line the firmware was buggy as hell, and was very frustrating for users. Since then they have released several firmware updates which have fixed the majority of the problems. My buddy purchased a Triton 300 last week, and is happy with it. I purchased a 1500 at the same time, and am also happy with it. It is recommended to update the firmware when you get one though, to avoid having to deal with the hassles of the old firmwares. This process is free.

Also, since they have acquired a bit of a bad repuatation, you can pick one up for a low price I'm sure. Good luck!