pn 40 problems

well where too start, the first problem is when I connect my unit to the computer it just jumps back and forth betwwen the sat.screen and the connect to computer screen then it freezes up. Have to pull batts to get it to shut down. then we try again and go thru the same thing. then eventually it will work. Accuracy issue used it tonight to go after our first cache with this unit the accuracy said 10 feet but when we were standing at the cache it showed us being 100' feet away chack the fix and it was 3D.

one question what is the best way to navigate to a cache with this unit what screen do you use and what is the detail set at? do yo use the compasss or map page?

You can try some different USB ports---a port at the back of the computer is preferred--but what you describe is suggestive of a connection problem. That connect to computer screen should hold until you tell it what to do.

Make sure the little spring-loaded contacts in the connector head are all extended--occasionally one gets stuck. You might try cleaning the contact points on the GPS with a pencil eraser to ensure they are clean.

If after these things you see no clear improvement, I be guessing you have a bad cable (there seem to be a number of them in the devices currently going out. Call up Delorme TS and see if they think they should send you a replacement.