Oregon 300 and Zagg Screen Protector

JetSkier

I bought a Zagg screen protector about a month ago and installed it on my Oregon 300. It generated serious friction when panning my map or scrolling cache descriptions. I tried to get used to it but I finally gave up on it and removed it. It un-installs pretty easily. I just peeled up a corner with a pocket knife and then peeled it off like a sticker.

So, who likes it and who doesn't. Just curious. Btw, I have the Zagg on my cell phone and digital camera and love it for those devices.

JetSkier

For me, the very slight problem with friction was overcome by applying a non-reactive silicon grease in a very thin layer and wiping off the excess. It can't bear the thought of touching a bare Oregon screen without a screen protector.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried to have Garmin replace the factory covering over the screen yet? I know it's a thin film of more rigid plastic (than a zagg) and was wondering what Garmin charged, if anything, to replace it. :D

I bought a Zagg screen protector about a month ago and installed it on my Oregon 300. It generated serious friction when panning my map or scrolling cache descriptions. I tried to get used to it but I finally gave up on it and removed it. It un-installs pretty easily. I just peeled up a corner with a pocket knife and then peeled it off like a sticker.

So, who likes it and who doesn't. Just curious. Btw, I have the Zagg on my cell phone and digital camera and love it for those devices.

JetSkier

I like mine. I just try not to apply too much pressure when panning. I haven't had any problems.

JetSkier

I absolutely hated the Zaggs I bought for my cellphone. My cellphone is touchscreen also and the surface texture of the Zagg was just.... icky.... plus I noticed interference with the touchscreen functions as well. After having a bad experience there I bought a completely different brand for my Oregon. I wish I could remember the manufacturer of the protectors I replaced it with.... something bought online.... Lexovo, Lexoro, something like that (drat... I can't remember)... but I love them... very thin and light and I can't tell the difference between function in having or not having it, yet it is thick enough that it protects against scratching.

I wouldn't buy a Zagg again. Sorry.

BlueDamsel

I absolutely hated the Zaggs I bought for my cellphone. My cellphone is touchscreen also and the surface texture of the Zagg was just.... icky.... plus I noticed interference with the touchscreen functions as well. After having a bad experience there I bought a completely different brand for my Oregon. I wish I could remember the manufacturer of the protectors I replaced it with.... something bought online.... Lexovo, Lexoro, something like that (drat... I can't remember)... but I love them... very thin and light and I can't tell the difference between function in having or not having it, yet it is thick enough that it protects against scratching.

I wouldn't buy a Zagg again. Sorry.

BlueDamsel

Neithter my cell phone nor camera are touchscreen. I guess that's why I like it for those devices. The other problem I had with my Oregon is that the friction sometimes caused a "pick" instead of a "drag" on the map screen which then put the pushpin icon which then cluttered up my screen! I'm much happier without it.

JetSkier