bluechart usage

jimfish

Nroute? Sorry for my ignorance but heres what I got. I have a 60CSx and my computer. I have hooked up the units and transfered Mapsource maps, waypoints and tracks. I also have Garmin Bluechart on my PC.. I am trying to use the PC screen like a large GPS Screen while moving. I am working on a project while on a large boat where I need to use my 60 and my laptop as we track/search.

I'm not sure what Nroute is? I will got to my software now and try to locate this? Any additional info is appreciated.

Thanks

Nroute? Sorry for my ignorance but heres what I got. I have a 60CSx and my computer. I have hooked up the units and transfered Mapsource maps, waypoints and tracks. I also have Garmin Bluechart on my PC.. I am trying to use the PC screen like a large GPS Screen while moving. I am working on a project while on a large boat where I need to use my 60 and my laptop as we track/search.

I'm not sure what Nroute is? I will got to my software now and try to locate this? Any additional info is appreciated.

Thanks

I think I may have found my problem? When I open BlueChart I see the Nav Charts covering the area of interest. Then I click on utilities and get a drop down. The book indicates I should have several tabs one of whcih should be GPS? I don't show that tab. I think it may be because I have not registered my handheld unit? I have tried to use my unlock code and customer code via the unlock wizard and it continues to tell me it can't connect to the internet.?

Interesting is that I was able to transfer my track and wypts?

You need to use Nroute to display live data!

Try this free download from Garmin:

nRoute

Does nroute work with a Oregon 200?

Yes. But there seems to be a problem with using it with City Navigator upgrade maps. Garmin changed the location where they are stored, and nRoute doesn't seem to be able to find them. I've got CN 2009.11 installed, and it won't come up in nRoute. I've reported it to Garmin, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Edited by Prime Suspect