Venture HC, # of waypoints displayed question

lil'hobo

I have a Venture HC and have been adding many local caches to it, however, the waypoint page as well as the geocaching page will only show the closest 50 in the unit. So, other than doing a waypoint name search I cannot tell if I have loaded more distant caches on it. Is there a way to allow it to show all of the waypoints/caches loaded in it?

The reason I ask is I am going to head out and do a day or two of caching soon away from home and I would like to have an easy way to scroll through the info (all caches/waypoints) on my unit to be sure I did not miss downloading some. Only being able to see the closest 50 waypoints doesn't work very well for me.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

I have a Venture HC and have been adding many local caches to it, however, the waypoint page as well as the geocaching page will only show the closest 50 in the unit. So, other than doing a waypoint name search I cannot tell if I have loaded more distant caches on it. Is there a way to allow it to show all of the waypoints/caches loaded in it?

The reason I ask is I am going to head out and do a day or two of caching soon away from home and I would like to have an easy way to scroll through the info (all caches/waypoints) on my unit to be sure I did not miss downloading some. Only being able to see the closest 50 waypoints doesn't work very well for me.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Upload them from your unit to mapsource and you could scroll through them easy enough to see what is on the unit.

Thanks Red90, I see now, I didn't realize by hitting the X button on the side the name entry screen would disappear and then allow scrolling through them all. I kept going to the menu screen and switching back before trying that. I thought that you had to search by entering the name every time, which didn't make sense.

I wonder if the search by nearest option can be expanded to show more than 50? It would be real nice to have them all grouped in order by distance like it does.

Thanks again.