GPS Help

DK Dogs

I have a Brunton Atlas GPS. I have used it for hiking and stuff, but I would like to start using it for this. It has a place were you can add an SD card, but there is no way to link the unit to my computer to transfer the Long-Lat info. I cant seem to figure a way to type them into the unit either. Does anyone have any idea on this model or ideas on how to add the info?

Thanks!

Dave

PS I have checked the owners manual and it doesnt say and I am waiting for a call back from the company.

I had a similar experience with my Garmin eTrex. Turns out there was indeed a way to manually input coordinates using the few buttons. Just had to consult the owners manual.

Secondly, if it has support for an SD card, it's quite likely that you can plug the SD card into your computer and download coordinates in a certain format to it then insert it into your GPSr.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you =)

I used to have a Lowrance iFinder Map & Music and there way no way to connect it to the computer. I had to pull the batteries, remove the SD card, plug the card into a card reader and then transfer the files.

I found the manual here. To create a single waypoint, by far the easiest way is to create one for your current position and then edit it.

While you are traveling, press ENT|ENT. The waypoint is saved and automatically given a name with a sequential number, such as "waypoint 002." The waypoint symbol and number appear on the map.

To edit waypoint position:

1. Press FIND|ENT|↓ to NAME|ENT|ENT|↓ to waypoint name|ENT|→ to EDIT POSITION|ENT.

2. Latitude: press ENT, then press ↑ or ↓ to change the first character, then press → to the next character and repeat until the latitude is correct. Press EXIT.

3. Longitude: press ↓|ENT, then press ↑ or ↓ to change the first character, then press → to the next character and repeat until the latitude is correct. Press EXIT.

4. When latitude and longitude are correct, return to the previous page: press EXIT|EXIT|EXIT|EXIT.

It works, it's just a pain to transfer one at a time. Premium Members get to play with the 500 cache Pocket Queries. They are the only way to go with this type of unit.

I did find that when we were in a group with both Magellans and Garmins that we were pointing to GZ just as frequently as the rest of the group. If money is tight, you've got a decent GPSr that will guide you to the cache.