Recovering TB logging errors

Ernie B

I have a geocoin that I released September 2008, all seemed to be well until it apparently disappeared from a local cache. It transpired it had been taken by a new cacher who hadn't read about logging TB's / geocoins.

To my great surprise, earlier this month (February 2009) it was grabbed from the Taj Ma Hal cache in India (GC1A91Y) by an American guy on his world travels. It's a relief it's not missing, BUT...

The coin has been taken from the UK to India and not logged in either place (until it was grabbed). In my profile the coin has still only logged 49 miles.

How can I log the correct mileage? and have the log show it's been to the Taj cache? I tried explaining the situation to the new cacher, but he still doesn't understand much about logging, let alone trying to help me recover the situation. I've e-mailed the current holder, but I think he's on the road for a while and not in a position to help out either.

Any suggestions please......

Ernie B

Edited by Ernie B

You'll be able to fix the logging at anytime so there's no real rush.

If you do it while someone is holding it you'll have to work out grabbing it away and him grabbing it back. That's why I like to wait until it's sitting in a cache.

Retrieve it from the cache it's sitting in. Post a note on the first cache - Back Dated, and drop the bug. You can immediately delete the cache note. Retrieve the bug back out - Back dated.

Same thing on the second.

Post a note on the current cache and drop the bug back in - Current date is fine. Delete the cache note.

Now access the bug page and delete your Retrieve and Drop logs on the current cache. That way the last finder will show as the one who did the drop.

Edited by BlueDeuce