Postcode accuracy

ferriday

When I want to find caches near my home (or to bring up a map with my local area) I tend to use the facility in the 'Hide and Seek a cache' menu and enter my postcode (in the field that offers a search within x miles of my home). If I do that it brings up a map centred on an area about 20 miles away. Could the system have an error in attaching a GB postcode to a location? Or is there some other explanation? There are plenty of caches closer to me, so it's not looking for the nearest cache to display.

Try doing the search again, but omit the last letter of your postcode. This gives us much better accuracy in our area.

It's a known problem with the UK postcodes - I understand some cachers searches have ended up in Germany :laughing:

Here's the discussion about it on the Geocaching.com forum - UK Postcode searches.

I even tried asking the Christmas Fairy to try and get it sorted but it was beyond her powers.

MrsB ;)