Download Ibycus maps

ARGUS.360

I am attempting to download ibyscus maps and I always seem to get an error message. Is anyone else having this problem? if so Did anyone get arround it ?

Here is the message i get: file seems corrupt or damaged . Maybe I do not have the correct software to open the file.

Please help.

Argus.360

Choose and download the ibyscus map as a zip file. Save it to your harddisk in a temp directory, un-zip this file and it will create another directory and place a few files into this new directory. Then run the newly created setup.exe and it will install itself into your Mapsource program.

This is the method I used to get the Canadian topo map, this is a really great map!

...Terry

Edited by Overkill-F1

Choose and download the ibyscus map as a zip file. Save it to your harddisk in a temp directory, un-zip this file and it will create another directory and place a few files into this new directory. Then run the newly created setup.exe and it will install itself into your Mapsource program.

This is the method I used to get the Canadian topo map, this is a really great map!

...Terry

Hi terry, do you have the link from which you downloaded your maps. I think the link I have is corrupt and that is why I cannot download unless they want a donation to unlock the download link?

Here is what I have: http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/

I am attempting to download ibyscus maps and I always seem to get an error message. Is anyone else having this problem? if so Did anyone get arround it ?

Here is the message i get: file seems corrupt or damaged . Maybe I do not have the correct software to open the file.

Please help.

Argus.360

That happened to me the first time i down loaded it,so i just uninstall(make sure you get rid of all files with this program) and reinstalled it.That fixed the problem i had.Hope this helps

I started to download the file and then realized it was over 3GB (taking forever). I assume it covers all of Canada.

Is there a way to download just certain areas and still get the setup file and any other documentation the full download comes with?

Secondly, does it produce regions like Topo Canada does and then the user highlights the regions he wants (in Map Source) and send them to the Garmin?

Thanks.

That happened to me the first time i down loaded it,so i just uninstall(make sure you get rid of all files with this program) and reinstalled it.That fixed the problem i had.Hope this helps

Still no luck, something seems to be blocking the download. i am no computer geek but i'm sur someone understands whats going on. however i can download the mac type. WEIrd !!!!! but i don't own a mac !!!!!!!

Still no luck, something seems to be blocking the download. i am no computer geek but i'm sur someone understands whats going on. however i can download the mac type. WEIrd !!!!! but i don't own a mac !!!!!!!

I do have a Mac, but I downloaded the PC version by mistake. Then I went and got the Mac version. It works like a charm! Both of them downloaded fine though.

1. You'll have to ask the map author about downloading it in sections. I'm not sure if that's ever been discussed. Perhaps a PayPal donation would be in order for a special request like that.

2. The map segments are fairly small. There are 1712 segments in the whole map.

I emailed the author (Dale) about downloading certain areas with setup files etc and he replied with this:

"At the moment, no. Its not. (you can download individual IMGs, but that will be very tedious, and probably not what you want)

I would suggest however that if its telling you an 11 hour download that you try the BitTorrent download. First download a torrent client (http://www.utorrent.com) , then google “ibycus topo torrent” to get the torrent file.

This should be more reliable, and more fault tolerant."

Currently running the utorrent download and it's still 9+ hours (I am off to Tim Hortons!!)

Second question - How much is an appropriate donation?

So your saying you cant even download the file?Or cant you open it? You might want to check your computer virus software,if you have one,it might block it if it not a trustworthy site..

So your saying you cant even download the file?Or cant you open it? You might want to check your computer virus software,if you have one,it might block it if it not a trustworthy site..

I finally managed. I couldn't do either before. open nor save. I pressed save many times in a row and bingo, after 3 weeks of trying it started saving but i still do not know why ? If anyone could shed some light on this it would be great even if i did get it done.