Turtle_Sask

I think they make pretty good LPS hides cause they dont see much weather there.

My one & only LPS hide, Always Lame, incorporates a film canister as the cache, just to maximize lameness. I had to replace the log last week because it was soaked. If you live in a region with a standard humidity level in excess of 1%, then they are utterly inadequate to the task of protecting their contents due to water vapor, if nothing else. There are so many itty bitty containers that work great at protecting their contents that I'm amazed every time I see someone intentionally selecting a carpy one.

Just do what I do - It takes a little bit more effort, but it's better than just having a bunch of loose sheets of paper

Take a piece of paper, cut out from each piece seven 1 1/2" x 8 1/2" pieces, and put together however many pieces that you like (I usually just use all seven)

Put them together and line then up as best as you can

Take a thumb tack, and poke a couple of holes near to the top, and put an inch of wire through the two hole. Fold them down, such that they resemble a rudimentary staple.

Fold the top 1/4" or so of the log over the back of the 'staple,' and continue to fold it one more time in the same direction. Take a piece of duct tape (or hockey tape - I use whatever happens to be on my desk), and wrap it around the top of the log

It makes a serviceable micro log - Ideally I'm going to find a store that sells tiny little notebooks, but until then, that is what I use