WoW Guild

El Diablo

Are there any World of Warcraft guilds? Is anyone interested in starting a caching guild? Has any one figured out how to incorporate caching in the game?

El Diablo

Only slightly off topic...

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago Jeremy mentioned he played WoW, but I have no idea if he played for a week and quit or if he's still a regular. Perhaps if he's still playing there's a chance he'll contact you and invite you to a super secret Geoguild now that you've posted.

I play Wow on the Eredar Server. It would be possible to do virtual caches with screenshots and a map Coords addon. :)

Interesting idea.

El Diablo

But there is no way to leave stuff, or to have an in game log is there?

Thats why it would be a "Virtual". Someone could identify an object to screenshot and the logging of it could take place on a guild website or such.

I play Wow on the Eredar Server. It would be possible to do virtual caches with screenshots and a map Coords addon. :)

Interesting idea.

El Diablo

But there is no way to leave stuff, or to have an in game log is there?

Thats why it would be a "Virtual". Someone could identify an object to screenshot and the logging of it could take place on a guild website or such.

I really like this idea! I quit playing WoW because it was boring, this could be fun!

I used to play World of Warcraft way back in the day when it first opened up and also when it was in beta testing. These days I hang out in Second Life where I've built my character up so she looks like a demon kangaroo critter. It's great because there's no goals other then chilling and chewing the fat with friends while I work on my college studies.

Not quite sure how well a geocaching guild would work in WOW but then again..it has been a long time since I played.. :))

slightly off top but, Second Life has geocaching (at least as close as can be replicated) and there is even a Second Life Geocaching website and a few different SLGC groups.

Unfortunately since I upgraded to a dual core I cant play any more.

When I was playing there was some decent stuff for it and some great ideas in development.

You could get a GPSr that so that you didn't have to look at the corner of your screen for coords.

Somebody was working on Making a GPSr that would start to jump the closer you got to GZ.

There where several different containers that you could get and place a replicating reward item in.

People where working on making it so you could trade items.

You could log your visits.

Best of all, you don't have to pay to play.