PQ's running slow

Cheminer Will

I have noticed that some of my automatic PQ's have been late. It is not a big deal as most seem to eventually run and get delivered. For example one may be scheduled for Thursday, but not run until Friday, sometimes Saturday. I have a couple that have run several days late, but usually it is only a day or so. I have only one that is supposed to run on Saturdays, but the PQ page shows that one and one from yesterday as having been run at about 11am today. Anyone else noticed this?

Happens a lot lately. Seems the delays increase as the week progresses with Thursday, Friday and Saturday being the worst. Many Thursday PQs don't run until early Friday. And Fridays are even later on Saturday.

So far, today (Saturday), I haven't received any PQs scheduled for Saturday.

Gets better once Monday rolls around and then the cycle begins again.

More and more people are opting to design a new (er.. copied) PQ and submitting them in order to move up the Priority list, leaving the remaining scheduled PQs further and further down the list.

Classic symptoms of nearing server capacity. Not there yet, but soon.....

Lately, for some reason, the 5 pq run that runs on the next day doesn't seem to affect the next days scheduled PQs. But they HAVE to be already scheduled. If you try to add on to the next days PQ after the late run, the system will reject it.

And a side oddity: I've noticed that if you've prescheduled 5 PQs for a day and then request your My Finds PQ, it will run. But if check 5 PQs on the day and then request the My Finds PQ, it will reject.

The key seems to be to be sure to preschedule your PQs (before the scheduled day). But, then the downside is that they will run later on the Priority List.

Just another part of the "game".....

^ That is the only thing that seem to be working right now. Recreating the Pocket Queries. But that is also could be causing the problem too as those new ones create new server loads on Query Server and pushes the older ones back. I wonder if that is causing the problem (everyone recreating new Queries and running them).

I had to do this myself but only on a Updater Query that gives me updated caches from the last 7 days. I hate doing it but I needed new information bad because it didn't run 3 days in a row.

Well I finally got an e-mail reply from geocaching.com about my pocket queries not being run but it was clear from their response that they either didn't bother to read my e-mail or their reading comprehension skills need some work. They don't seem to understand "pocket queries not being generated". Seriously, wtf? :lol:

Although Pocket Queries have been pushing the limits of our capacity lately (always do for a short time after Christmas), the situation this weekend was related to a crash sometime late Saturday night.

The PQ Generator was restarted at a little after 9am on Sunday, but some older PQs got a bit behind. New PQs were not affected by the crash. I'm very sorry to any of you who received your PQs late!

On a more general note, we're aware that the current PQ system is not ideal, and have been investigating new ways to deliver the data to Premium Members. I don't have specifics yet, but I just wanted you to be aware that Groundspeak is looking forward.

Although Pocket Queries have been pushing the limits of our capacity lately (always do for a short time after Christmas), the situation this weekend was related to a crash sometime late Saturday night.

The PQ Generator was restarted at a little after 9am on Sunday, but some older PQs got a bit behind. New PQs were not affected by the crash. I'm very sorry to any of you who received your PQs late!

On a more general note, we're aware that the current PQ system is not ideal, and have been investigating new ways to deliver the data to Premium Members. I don't have specifics yet, but I just wanted you to be aware that Groundspeak is looking forward.

That is great news. Thank you. Look forward to some exciting announcements in the future.

Sounds great as long as it does not involve iPhones and the like :lol:. Hopefully it won't break GSAK import or break the macros to bad.