iphone upgrade problem

UNKLJIM

I installed the new update for the iphone. When I open it, it finds a list of caches, but lockes up on me if I try to look at a description. I have deleted and reinstalled many times. Followed the directions as to putting it on my computer and sincing it. Any solutions?

Thanks!

I installed the new update for the iphone. When I open it, it finds a list of caches, but lockes up on me if I try to look at a description. I have deleted and reinstalled many times. Followed the directions as to putting it on my computer and sincing it. Any solutions?

Thanks!

Figured this one out. For anyone else having this problem, hook up to your computer and update your iphone software. This was about a 3 hour update for me. After I did that, it worked perfectly.

I downloaded the upgrade today and I can't get it to work. It won't even pull up a list of caches. I have done the uninstall and reinstall many times with now luck. I have done the recommended soft reboot several times with no luck. I am on the latest version for the iPhone as well. I'm wishing I hadn't done the upgrade now.

seanpk

I also am having problems with the update. I have remove the app from the phone and computer, done soft restarts, reinstall, etc.. It still won't connect to network. then the app closes. Hope someone figures it out soon. Last problem I had was because of the ' in my screen name.

I'm having the exact same problem, the upgrade actually worked great for a day, now i cannot connect to network. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, soft reboots, everything. Waiting for the update to fix at this point.

I just downloaded Geocachingfor the first time. I had the same problem gettingit started. It would ask me if I want to use the current location and I had to accept the terms but then it would tell me it couldn't connect to geocaching.com.

I gave it a while then tried again and it worked. It's possible that it is not the iphone app that is the problem but the geocaching.com problem and they are working on it? ;)

Don't know for sure but sounds good. :)

I have version 1.2.0

Thanks!

I have not had that problem. My application works perfectly.

Thanks!

Mine was crashing last night, but is fine today. Only thing I've done is a Sync this morning.

Ugh. I, too, have also had problems since the upgrade. I was already on iPhone 3G v2.2 OS and upgraded yesterday evening. After the upgrade, I ran the Geocaching app, it asks if it can use my location and then promptly crashes. Or, alternatively, crashes while asking the question, or sometimes crashes before it even has a chance to ask the location question. Awesome!

At $10 (versus many fine free, $1, $2, etc apps) I expect more and better than this. Unfortunately, it is pointless to complain because the money has already been spent. However, this sort of behavior on Geocaching.com's part does not create a lot of friends or good will.

same issue here - latest iPhone 3g software (2.2 5G77 ) plenty of free space, ram etc...

have tried reinstalling app, running connected to wifi, 3g, no good either way

in my case the application shows the splashscreen, then crashes... If i'm "lucky" it will get to the Allow Location, then crash..

as said above, this behaviour would be acceptable on "Dodgy" or free software, _not_ on paid programs. more testing is needed in future, or a warning before you upgrade. Needs to be fixed ASAP as i'm sure we're not the only people inconvenienced and not able to 'cache this weekend, or since the "upgrade"

Same here. iPhone v2.2, App v1.2-- splash, location permission, the CRASH!! Groundspeak people PAY ATTENTION! Irritated, exasperated, frustrated, and just plain PISSED OFF oughta cover it!

FLASH--

After this post I found this in another thread...

Looks like the problem is related to Winterboard in jailbroken iPhones.

Try this:

1. Uninstall Winterboard

2. Uninstall Geocaching

3. Reinstall Geocaching (Then test it, it should start and have a EULA screen come up first)

4. Reinstall Winterboard (Then test again. It should all work properly)

Edited by JoshGCMN4M