Pocket Query's and Microsoft Street's & Trips

StunNoni

Does anyone know if you can add a pocket query to Microsoft Streets & trips? I would like to bring up a map with caches on it and not have to go onto the net, especially when there is not connection. Place my laptop in the car and then select the ones we want to get, especially on a road trip when we might have 300-400 to choose from. My map in my megellan sorta works, but streets & trips would be easier, or is anyone using somrthing else, and can explain the process. Thanks

If MS Streets & Trips can't directly interact with GPX files, then you can convert them into comma separated variables and import that.

I'd use GPSbabel to do that. And if you use GSAK then you have that. But I'd also download the visual GUI front end for GPSbabel from the internet to make things easier.

The only way to import data into S&T is through the Import Data Wizard (I think that's what it's called). You need to convert the GPX file from your pocket query into .csv format, then import it (not through the File-> open menu but through the "import data" command). Both GSAK and GPSBabel can convert a GPX file into the proper format for S&T.

If MS Streets & Trips can't directly interact with GPX files, then you can convert them into comma separated variables and import that.

I'd use GPSbabel to do that. And if you use GSAK then you have that. But I'd also download the visual GUI front end for GPSbabel from the internet to make things easier.

I assume the ¨front end for gpsbabel¨ you refer to is Gebabbel here but reviewing the source data it looks like an unstable program.

Does anyone have any experience with it, particularly in Ubuntu?

The only way to import data into S&T is through the Import Data Wizard (I think that's what it's called). You need to convert the GPX file from your pocket query into .csv format, then import it (not through the File-> open menu but through the "import data" command). Both GSAK and GPSBabel can convert a GPX file into the proper format for S&T.

Yep, just hit Ctrl-J in GSAK to export. It'll tell ya that you have to import it in S&T.

Does anyone know if you can add a pocket query to Microsoft Streets & trips? I would like to bring up a map with caches on it and not have to go onto the net, especially when there is not connection. Place my laptop in the car and then select the ones we want to get, especially on a road trip when we might have 300-400 to choose from. My map in my megellan sorta works, but streets & trips would be easier, or is anyone using somrthing else, and can explain the process. Thanks

I use GSAK for this. After I have the caches / selected in GSAK. Go to File>Export>Microsoft Streets and Trip.

Then you can open the file in Microsoft streets and trips