cache not being reviewed

TLJx2

I hav placed 4 caches in the last week but one has been skipped over and has not been reviewed. there used to be a cache in the area of this one but it has been disabled for over a year now and i suspect this is the reason how long does this cache have to be disabled before they relize it isb;t coming back. this is the perfect place for a cache and there are none there now

Are you sure the box "enable cache" is checked on the one remaining cache yet to be puslished? Even if the disabled cache is the reason for not publishing your last cache, surely the reviewer would have sent a note indicating that? I'm not sure if there any guidelines, other than personal reviewer preference, when a disabled cache moves to the archived stage. I mean, does a reviewer give it 1 month, 3 months? I've seen a couple local caches that have been disabled for many more months and still no action.

I hav placed 4 caches in the last week but one has been skipped over and has not been reviewed. there used to be a cache in the area of this one but it has been disabled for over a year now and i suspect this is the reason how long does this cache have to be disabled before they relize it isb;t coming back. this is the perfect place for a cache and there are none there now

Yes, your suspicions are correct. A disabled cache, regardless of how long it has been disabled, does not free up the spot for you. You can A) email the owner and ask what his plans are, ;) email your reviewer about the situation C) file a Should Be Archived log.

But I suspect your reviewer has already emailed you about this cache. As has happened so many times in the past on situations like this the original poster "neglects" to mention a few critical items. I'll wait for Paul Harvey and "The rest of the story"

Jim

The disabled cache is probably the stumbling block with your cache.

Reviewers will often publish the "easy" caches right away - by that I mean the ones with no issues. Then they will come back to the ones with problems and address them when they have more time. If you haven't heard from your reviewer yet then I bet that this is what happened.

The general procedure is for the reviewer to contact the other cache owner to give him a chance to replace the cache, or at least state his intent to do so. He will probably give that cache owner a few weeks to respond.

If you don't receive a response from your reviewer within the next few days, then shoot him an e-mail to see what's up.

I see that your reviewer posted a note to your cache page about the conflict with the nearby cache. He also posted a note to the disabled cache, asking the owner to fix it or archive it. So, as others have said, be patient and see how it works out. Either way, there will be a cache at this nice spot again sometime soon!