Garmin Colorado Multiple GPX files

Suttymonks

I have had a colorado 400t for about 8 months now and their is one thing that I have been trying to figure out if there is a way to do this. I want to be able to create several GPX files. While I know how to do this I want to be able to seperate the files in some manner in the geocaching page such as by databases. I can create different database using the poiloader easily but I lose some of the functionality with the geocaches page such as field notes.

Is there any way to break down multiple gpx files of 2000 caches into different databases?

If this could be done it would make the colorado/oregon very powerful caching gpsr. I think it could be easily coded in by Garmin in a future update ;) . Let me know if you want me to explain or add pictures about what I mean.

All geocaches loaded from all gpx files show up on the Colorado under geocaches with no real easy way to distinguish them like you can custom POIs. If you have a PDA/cellphone which has an SD card slot you can easily enable/disable gpx files by changing names or you can buy several cheap SD cards and load different cards depending on the database you want to see.

Well I guess I'll have to put this on a wishlist of mine from Garmin unless their is someone much smarter than me out their who solves this issue. Having multiple files of 2000 caches to pull from during road trips would the last feature I think I would truly need from my Colorado and for the Oregon as well.

Oh, and a delete button for when I screw up entering a waypoint so I don't have to type it again. :yikes:

Well I guess I'll have to put this on a wishlist of mine from Garmin unless their is someone much smarter than me out their who solves this issue. Having multiple files of 2000 caches to pull from during road trips would the last feature I think I would truly need from my Colorado and for the Oregon as well.

Oh, and a delete button for when I screw up entering a waypoint so I don't have to type it again. :yikes:

You could always use custom POIs, for the long trips. Using one of the Nuvi macros gives all of the information. You just can't use the geocaching utility on the unit.

I know how to use the Custom POIs and I think that works great in case I happen to be missing a cache in my geocache list. It would be great to have unlimited number of caches on my handheld with all of the functionality of the geocache list. Who knows, maybe I'm just dreamin' and hopin' a little too much from Garmin. :yikes: