Flashmob event Wedding IS a GEOCACHEING EVENT

fraggle69

Mtn-man must have altitude sickness!

I can accept you don't want to advertise geocaching events that are listed on other sites such as navicaching or terracaching, but I must correct you.

quote 'this isn't a Geocaching Event Cache.'

I think you'll find it is a geocaching event, I mean Groundspeak didn't invent geocaching you know!

Many Thanks

Mtn-man must have altitude sickness!

I can accept you don't want to advertise geocaching events that are listed on other sites such as navicaching or terracaching, but I must correct you.

quote 'this isn't a Geocaching Event Cache.'

I think you'll find it is a geocaching event, I mean Groundspeak didn't invent geocaching you know!

Many Thanks

Going by the listing that you provided it is a Terracache event, as Groundspeak only list Geocache events. So as you have said above you can accept that Groundspeak don't want to advertise Terracaches or Navicaches, you advertised a Terracache so what is the issue?

May I suggest you list your event on geocaching.com and then advertise it, as at time of making this post you haven't done this.

I think we're getting a little bit bogged down in semantics here.

Yes "geocaching" the hobby is not exclusively owned by Groundspeak and geocaching.com. You can have a geocaching event any time you'd like.

However, to have a geocaching event listed on geocaching.com, Groundspeak has created a set of guidelines to follow. Similarly, in their forums, they ask that you not promote events that are not listed by geocaching.com.

I'd suggest taking promotion of events listed on other sites to those sites and your local/regional forums provided they don't mind the cross-promotion.

I think we're getting a little bit bogged down in semantics here.

Yes "geocaching" the hobby is not exclusively owned by Groundspeak and geocaching.com. You can have a geocaching event any time you'd like.

However, to have a geocaching event listed on geocaching.com, Groundspeak has created a set of guidelines to follow. Similarly, in their forums, they ask that you not promote events that are not listed by geocaching.com.

I'd suggest taking promotion of events listed on other sites to those sites and your local/regional forums provided they don't mind the cross-promotion.

oh, alright then!