Entering manual coordinates in a Etrex Vista HCx

CacheOCD

If you hold down the joystick button on the front of the unit, you can create a new waypoint and modify the coords there. Responding here as the other thread was empty :)

Thanks! I guess I figured it would be more intuitive from the find menu. You have saved me from ripping what is left of my hair out. :huh:

If you hold down the joystick button on the front of the unit, you can create a new waypoint and modify the coords there. Responding here as the other thread was empty :D

Thanks! I guess I figured it would be more intuitive from the find menu. You have saved me from ripping what is left of my hair out. :D

this is one of those questions that i have seen asked many times and since everyone on here is so experienced i feel that maybe the explanation could go over a newer cacher's head, so as i semi-experienced cacher i would reply:

go to the menu, click on mark, it will show you the position you are at right now but of course that is not what you want to mark, you want to mark a geocache, so on the first line that shows '001' or something click on that and enter the geocache name like gc***, then scroll down til you have highlighted the coordinates, click on that and it will allow you to manually input the coordinates for the geocache, or whatever, you are trying to find. if you want to go right then, scroll down and click goto, if you want to go later, click on ok. i hope this helps.

If you hold down the joystick button on the front of the unit, you can create a new waypoint and modify the coords there. Responding here as the other thread was empty :D

Thanks! I guess I figured it would be more intuitive from the find menu. You have saved me from ripping what is left of my hair out. :D

this is one of those questions that i have seen asked many times and since everyone on here is so experienced i feel that maybe the explanation could go over a newer cacher's head, so as a semi-experienced cacher i would reply:

go to the menu, click on mark, it will show you the position you are at right now but of course that is not what you want to mark, you want to mark a geocache, so on the first line that shows '001' or something click on that and enter the geocache name like gc***, then scroll down til you have highlighted the coordinates, click on that and it will allow you to manually input the coordinates for the geocache, or whatever, you are trying to find. if you want to go right then, scroll down and click goto, if you want to go later, click on ok. i hope this helps.

Edited by namiboy