Reading Isn't Fundamental

Cardinal Red

Membership Registration Feature Request

User Name*:

This is the name that you will be known as on the site and log entries. This will be the permanent username that represents you to other members, so choose wisely!

Can this be made a brighter red on the registration page? Can it be made to flash? Can an irritating audible alarm be synchronized to the flashing text?

I bet it would eliminate 2% of the new users who just blindly gloss over it.

But but but... what if after really deep thinking I decided that my permenant username should be Lighttown_whitesox, I go out, find me some caches, wake up the next morning and I put on blue socks?!?!?!

I don't think you can hold geocaching.com liable for any subsequent trauma you may suffer. You should take personal responsibility for buying only white socks to show your total committment to the game.

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

I prefer the thought that when people go through the motion to get their Permanent Name changed that the powers that be say, 'sorry, no way, your reason just does not match up with our rules that you read when you created your username.'

Force them to do it the old fashioned and time consuming way.

I prefer the thought that when people go through the motion to get their Permanent Name changed that the powers that be say, 'sorry, no way, your reason just does not match up with our rules that you read when you created your username.'

Force them to do it the old fashioned and time consuming way.

What do you the old fashioned way? When I join changing your user name was as easy as editing your profile. You user name was an option that could be changed any time you wanted. That is the old fashioned way!

Membership Registration Feature Request

User Name*:

This is the name that you will be known as on the site and log entries. This will be the permanent username that represents you to other members, so choose wisely!

Can this be made a brighter red on the registration page? Can it be made to flash? Can an irritating audible alarm be synchronized to the flashing text?

I bet it would eliminate 2% of the new users who just blindly gloss over it.

It's not entirely true. Usernames can be changed under certain approved circumstances.

What's astonishing is that people can find their way to the forums to post a question but cannot access the FAQ where the answer is already waiting for them.

But, just so you know, in my town there's a sign for a No Left Turn. People kept turning left. So they put bright lights around the sign and the lights blink. People still turn left.