Downloading Plucker to my Palm Pilot

I was trying to follow the instructions received yesterday on paperless caching and cannot get my Palm Pilot

to connect with the computer to download the Pocket Query. I've tried twice with the same results. Am

trying to download Plucker software to the Pilot and CANNOT get it to do anything. Please help me with this

download in simple laymen's language. I am not computer literate nor techy. Please keep it VERY simple. I

am trying to follow the instructions received in the second response from Geocaching University titled

Resources - Geocaching Without Paper. I have the Plucker Desktop shortcut on my desktop and the GPX

Spinner there also but cannot see anything on the Palm to indicate it has any Plucker software on it. Please

help me again as i've spent the better part of a day on this :ph34r: when I could have been Geocaching!!!!!

First.

Have you ever been able to get your computer to sync with your palm?

If not then you have to install the Palm Desktop, and select what port serial or USB you will connect with.

But it might be as simple as you not having the HotSync Manager starting up every time you start up your computer. I manually start it only when I need it.

But if you have Vista then you might have to get Bill Gates to tell you how to do everything that's a natural for every other of his Operating Systems in the past.

What operating system on your pc?

Do you have Palm Desktop and HotSync installed?

Have you ever been able to connect the Palm to your PC and transfer ANY data? (not just for Plucker)

Can you start Plucker on your Palm at all?

It should default to the Plucker 'help' file at first startup

Keep in mind that plucker has two components. One that resides on your PC and will "pluck" and save webpages in a format that the reader can see. The other component resides on your Palm and reads the files that you have "plucked" and saved. This other file has a .prc extension.

There has been some discussion that the Plucker component for the PC doesn't always work so well and some people use SunriseXP for that component. The WIKI link below uses SunriseXP on PC and Plucker on the Palm as an example but the basic procedure is the same for Plucker on PC/Plucker on Palm.

Anyway, this link may provide some help