Palm Pilot downloads for paperless caching

antelope hunter

I gave my wife a Palm Pilot for Christmas after hearing about paperless caching. We have no trouble

downloading coordinates to our Garmin 60CSx but are swimming in paper trying to print out hints, cache

descriptions and map information. We just upgraded to a premium membership thinking this would open up

some instructions for downloading this information to our Palm. NO luck, we are still clueless as to how to

accomplish this task. Any help or instruction would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here are some links for you :blink:

As a premium member you can use Pocket Queries to have files of up to 500 caches each emailed to you. Also see Pocket Queries: A Detailed Explanation by Markwell.

Geocaching Sans Paper - the Art of Paperless Caching :)

Paperless Caching by Florida Geocaching Association :laughing:

Paperless Caching - Let's Finish This, A help, how-to thread :D

You are more than welcome to watch my you tube video tutorials on paperless caching.

You can go here to see them: http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/2...utorial-to.html

-HHH

Cachemate is an excellent and easy way to do it. Note that despite what many people will tell you, you don't need to use GSAK along with Cachemate.

do you get the same info into cachemate without gsak? if so what are the steps to do so ?thanks

patiently waiting for an answer ,Please..

You use the cmconvert utility. There is a command line based version and a windows based version. I think both are in the distribution, if not you can get the window gui version from the smittyware site for free. It converts your PQ's to palm .pdb.

Jim

Cachemate is an excellent and easy way to do it. Note that despite what many people will tell you, you don't need to use GSAK along with Cachemate.

do you get the same info into cachemate without gsak? if so what are the steps to do so ?thanks

patiently waiting for an answer ,Please..

You use the cmconvert utility. There is a command line based version and a windows based version. I think both are in the distribution, if not you can get the window gui version from the smittyware site for free. It converts your PQ's to palm .pdb.

Jim

thanks I'll check that out. I was aware of the cmconvert but I hade no idea where to find it . THANKS