Garmin gpsmap 60csx problems

Team CeDo

I have had my 60csx for over 3 years and it suddenly will not receive all satelites and accuracy is way down.

What do I do now? Is it just tired and in need of repacement? Help please!

The first thing I would check is to make sure I hadn't set it to "Battery Saver" mode. That always results in a noticable decrease in accuracy. I don't think it should make a large difference in satellite reception, but it's easy to check quickly.

I have had my 60csx for over 3 years and it suddenly will not receive all satelites and accuracy is way down.

What do I do now? Is it just tired and in need of repacement? Help please!

The first thing I would check is to make sure I hadn't set it to "Battery Saver" mode. That always results in a noticable decrease in accuracy. I don't think it should make a large difference in satellite reception, but it's easy to check quickly.

I have had my 60csx for over 3 years and it suddenly will not receive all satellites and accuracy is way down.

What do I do now? Is it just tired and in need of replacement? Help please!

First, try doing a hard reset of the unit - ie. force it into redownloading the almanac. Go to the satellite page, Menu button, select NEW LOCATION. If this doesn't work then proceed with other methods.

I turned on my unit today just before I decided to go caching and had the exact same thing - it would not acquire any sat signals. Several hours later and still nothing. Thankfully we have 2 of the 60csx's in our home. Being that one gps could acquire signals and one couldn't I did some online research and downloaded the webupdater from the garmin site:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...145&pID=310.

I updated my gps chipset. Once that was completed I was back up and running.

I have the same problem, I updated and did the reboot but I still have no sat's. Any more suggestions??

I have a similar problem. After I replace the batteries and ONLY when I manipulate the batteries I can get satellite agai but the ARROW on the compass completely disappears. The compass works and moves but there is no arrow and I cant get it back for the life of me making the GPS useless. Anyone else suffer from this problem?

I have the same problem, I updated and did the reboot but I still have no sat's. Any more suggestions??

I have a similar problem. After I replace the batteries and ONLY when I manipulate the batteries I can get satellite agai but the ARROW on the compass completely disappears. The compass works and moves but there is no arrow and I cant get it back for the life of me making the GPS useless. Anyone else suffer from this problem?

Did you set a GOTO waypoint?

Team CeDo: I had a 60Cx that seemed to lose sensitivity after a year and a half. When the 60Cx was new it worked great: outdoors, indoors, in a vehicle, etc. Then it seemed to barely pull in signals. I did everything recommended: updated software and firmware, etc. It wasn't WAAS, lock on road, battery. Nothing helped. I thought it might be satellite configuration, so I pulled out an older Map76 unit and compared. The older unit (without Sirf chip, etc.) definitely was more sensitive. That convinced me to contact Garmin. I ended up getting a replacement unit. Garmin said they've never heard of a unit losing sensitivity. Well, if they're honest now they'd have to said they've heard of one.

The older unit (without Sirf chip, etc.) definitely was more sensitive. That convinced me to contact Garmin. I ended up getting a replacement unit. Garmin said they've never heard of a unit losing sensitivity. Well, if they're honest now they'd have to said they've heard of one.

I'm sure they meant they had never heard of a unit losing sensitivity without there being some sort of physical defect.

Prime Suspect: I'm not sure what Garmin meant. As for there being a physical defect, there was nothing on the exterior of the unit to indicate there was a problem. Possibly something on the inside came loose; I don't know. I've owned five 60 models and never had a problem previously, but this one went bad.