Exporting tracks from the Colorado to Memory Map

Pieman

I have Memory Map on my PC version 5.2.7 build 890 and the latest software on my Garmin Colorado. I can successfully export waypoints from the Colorado to Memory Map but when I import tracks into Memory Map nothing happens- no error message, but neither does any track appear on Memory Map despite the track showing on my Colorado's map screen. Has anyone successfully exported tracks from the Colorado to Memory Map?

Hi Pieman,

Also using the same MM version as you and a C300.

Did a couple of caches yesterday and using the Import from GPS, Tracks got a nice big "red" line of the "track".

First time I have ever done this so wasn't sure what to expect? Actual track in MM is very good and follows the roads/paths very well.

Doesn't really help you though!!! Mine works OK , yours doesn't!!! :D

My C300 has been changed by Garmin three (YES 3Xs) for various odd faults. The one I have now, two weeks old, will not "connect" to a PC if the track "log" is very big. Plug it into the USB Port, you get the "saving" waypoints/tracks message, it gets to about 14% and locks up!!!! You have to take the batteries out of it, delete all the track "logs" and then try again!!!

Regards

Nick

Thanks for the answer. Having just broken my Colorado by dropping it down a slope into some rocks :D I will now be able to test a second Colorado to see if that works as yours does. (This is a very expensive way to test out a theory and I don't recommend it to others!)

On my last version I used to delete the tracks from time to time to stop it taking an age to connect to the computer although it never actually locked up on me.

Edited by Pieman

Thanks for the answer. Having just broken my Colorado by dropping it down a slope into some rocks ;) I will now be able to test a second Colorado to see if that works as yours does. (This is a very expensive way to test out a theory and I don't recommend it to others!)

On my last version I used to delete the tracks from time to time to stop it taking an age to connect to the computer although it never actually locked up on me.

My new Colorado arrived today. The tracks upload to Memory Map without a problem so it looks like there was a fault with my last model.

Thanks for the answer. Having just broken my Colorado by dropping it down a slope into some rocks :D I will now be able to test a second Colorado to see if that works as yours does. (This is a very expensive way to test out a theory and I don't recommend it to others!)

My new Colorado arrived today. The tracks upload to Memory Map without a problem so it looks like there was a fault with my last model.

I'm sure there are a load of "duff" C300s in UK circulation!!!

My FOURTH C300, in about six months has again packed up today!!! Anybody want a silver and black doorstop!!!!

I knew I had some time to waste today so loaded Garmin Topo for an "area" near Spalding, Lincs. Also loaded a GPX file for all the locals "trads" as not sure of what time caching I would have.

Fired up the C300, only one GPX file loaded, and Yeppie!!, the nearest cache listed was 380 Km away!!!!!!!!!! Looking at MM and Fugawi, cache in question was about 1.2 Km away from my current location, did the "compass" calibration dance and GREAT, cache is still 380km away, which puts its in the North Sea somewhere ;)

Next week, w/c 05/01/09, I am going to try the "not fit for purpose" with Garmin, should be "fun"!!!!

C300's are really useful, as DOORSTOPS!!!!!!!!!! ;):P

Nick