ibycus download and mapsource

gpsflyman

I'm trying to view the file I unzipped from the ibycus map download.

In Mapsource, I try to open the IbycusTopo21 file and it says 'not a valid mapsource file'

What am I doing wrong here?? Did I download the wrong file?

My 60CSX came with Mapsource 6.13...and I havent updated it yet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Keith

On a related topic.

I installed the USA maps complements of Ibycus. I opened MapSource and found the maps and looked at them.

However, when I installed a map in my Garmin 60Csx, it refers to the Ibycus product under the Information icon, but all I see is the original base map with no details for streets, etc. What did I do wrong?

... in my Garmin 60Csx, it refers to the Ibycus product ... but all I see is the original base map with no details...
You have to be zoomed in pretty close to see details -- also make sure your map display options are set to show the extra details, no de-clutttered, etc...

Tried all that, didn't seem to work. I then downloaded an adjacent map and they both work now. Apparently the first time it didn't load correctly.

Thanks for the advice.

I did get mine loaded and viewing in mapsource.

nice topo maps for our area (central interior of BC) but really outdated.

Can you add your own info to these maps...such as roads etc?

plus what are the numerous little silo icons all over the map? Many say 'Lake' or feature and give an altitude but there's really no feature on the map to support the use of such....Wonder how you could delte all these extras?

I did get mine loaded and viewing in mapsource.

nice topo maps for our area (central interior of BC) but really outdated.

Can you add your own info to these maps...such as roads etc?

plus what are the numerous little silo icons all over the map? Many say 'Lake' or feature and give an altitude but there's really no feature on the map to support the use of such....Wonder how you could delte all these extras?

Your best bet would be to email Dale and see what is up with the features and all that. You can add a transparent road map over those (best/easiest bet) or see if Dale has any updates.

The maps aren't editable in their current form.

Dale's email address is on the IbycusTopo website.