palm pilot

ronslawns

I just gotta say....CACHEMATE might be the best 10 bucks I ever spent on software. We used to use the palm to read the Ebook Reader...That thing was bulky and weird. Then the spinner software which basically took all night to convert caches made it really hard for spontaneous caching. NOW with cache mate I can run out the door rather quickly and it is easy and even fun to use. dadgum. Thanks to whoever made that software.

I just gotta say....CACHEMATE might be the best 10 bucks I ever spent on software. We used to use the palm to read the Ebook Reader...That thing was bulky and weird. Then the spinner software which basically took all night to convert caches made it really hard for spontaneous caching. NOW with cache mate I can run out the door rather quickly and it is easy and even fun to use. dadgum. Thanks to whoever made that software.

Unless you're processing many thousands of caches, Spinner shouldn't take more than a few minutes. You're probably referring to the Plucker Distiller. It can take a long time, if you've got the depth value set wrong. Since it's pulling the cache page images off the Internet (something CacheMate can't do), how long it runs depends a good deal on your Internet connection speed.

Can I use a pda to go paperless caching? If so how?

Hello,

I am a "newbe" also and use a Palm M500 (bought for 25.00) and GSAK/cachemate. This combo is amazing!!

You can download GSAK and try it for a while. Cachemate is software you load on the Palm. Then, after you have your Pocket Query loaded into GSAK, you just click file->export-> then cachemate PDB file. A screen will pop up and run the hotsync software for the palm. Then, you are set.

It is that easy and fast.

Enjoy paperless caching!!

Joe