Earth Cache "Travel Bug"

Truscott

I really love Earth Caches, but there is no way that I will ever to look for/find/see/etc that many Earth Caches. My questions is this...Would it be OK to send out a TB and asks to have it's picture taken at Earth Caches? (As long as the picture does NOT give away the EC???) This may be a terrible idea , but it's really the only way I would get to see many EC's. (Understand, I'm not going to try and get credit for finding any of these...unless I do actually get to one of them..) Just wondering?

Thanks!

having a photo taken at the EarthCache will only show you the EarthCache - as you cannot log any traveller [TB or coin] into any EarthCaches. So, that means your bug will never get anywhere as far as mileage is concerned if it must only visit EarthCaches.

Good Luck.

Ture on the mileage, but that's OK. I'm not worried about miles .....just getting to see pictures of places that I may never get to visit (and I guess the TB could still go to regular caches as it gets passed from cacher to cacher).

My main concern was that someone would object to a TB getting pictures of an Earth Cache.

Thanks for the replies!

I think that's a cool idea, actually. While you cannot dip them like you can in a traditional or vitual, you could ask that after the EarthCache spot is visited, that the cacher dip it in a local cache he/she will invariably visit, so its path is at least somewhat tracked for routing / mileage. You cannot expect tons of EarthCache activity, but it should get moved around as much as any others. And if you get to someone who likes them, you may get some really scenic shots.

Time to round something up for a TB tag.. :)

On this topic - why can you dip TB's into virtual & webcam caches - but not Earthcaches?

What was the reasoning behind this? Anyone know? And is there a possibility of this getting changed?

That topic is being discussed here.

Edit: FYI - you cannot log bugs through webcam caches

Edited by BlueDeuce

I've got 3 bugs and 3 coins to do that. Not much activity on them ;) . Possibly they've been hoarded ;) as I used the white EarthCache pins and the amonite coins.

I have heard about the bronze, silver, gold and platinum EarthCache Masters pins, but have not seen anything about a white pin - how do you qualify for a white one?

I've got 3 bugs and 3 coins to do that. Not much activity on them :laughing: . Possibly they've been hoarded :) as I used the white EarthCache pins and the amonite coins.

I have heard about the bronze, silver, gold and platinum EarthCache Masters pins, but have not seen anything about a white pin - how do you qualify for a white one?

You just buy them at the earthcache store.