How To Guides

genegene

Hay every one,

I have started a area on the W.M.G. website that will house all kinds of great How To Guides that will cover everything that you can think of that has to do with Geocaching and the tools we use.

What I'm looking for is anything that you know how to do, that you would like to share with the rest of the world. It can be on anything you want it to be on. There is nothing that would not be worthy of being in the Database, you can even do one on how to camouflage a ammo can if you want to.

The information does not have to be long or short, you just need to make it as long as it needs to be to teach other people how to do what you know how to do.

The information is completely FREE to access and you do not have to join the W.M.G. website.

The reason that I wanted to start this Database is because when I wanted to have a GSAK profile, I needed to learn how to do it all on my own, and do a trial and error learning process, and it took a long time to learn it all on my own because there was no How To guide on doing one.

After many request I finally sat down and actually wrote down how to do a GSAK profile. While I wrote it all down, to my surprise I learned how do do things much easier then what I was doing the whole time. It was a great learning experience for me.

Some of what we have is been well received so far and the comments are great. If you want to go check it out and see what we have so far.

How To Guides

Gene G.

genegene

I agree a lot of great info is here in the forums. The problem is that it could get buried in a matter of a day if the forums are very busy. Also I have talked to many cachers who do not use the Groundspeak forums. so they would not even think to look here.

The intention is to have all of the great info that other cachers want to share, published on one site after they post it here. That way if someone wants to see if there is a "How To" on what they want to do they can look in one place and not have to scroll through tons of pages and hope they find something close to what they are looking for.

If you noticed I also set up a "Wanted" area for people that are looking for something. If they cant find it they can just ask and hopefully someone will help out with what they are looking for.

Sputnik 57, The info you posted is a great start. There is some realy great info within the links you posted as well. I will contact the authors and get the OK to reprint them on the How To Guides.

The one thing I will not do is to just take someones info and re-post it with out there OK. I need to first get there OK, then once received I will then get it set up and send them the link, I then have to wait and get there OK on that.

Its not a long process, it is just nice to have a final OK before anything gets posted on the site. I want the right person to get credit for there work and for them to say "everything looks good to me".

Keep the links coming in and the replies. It looks like it eventually might have a lot of info on some realy great topics.

Trainlove, you and I have meet several times and I know, you know a ton of things. Want to share with everyone else as well (hint hint)...

Gene G.

aka... genegene