Colorado 300 - Defective Beeper?

MtnHermit

I can't hear the beeper on the Colorado 300. I'm told that if I hold down the RH softkey for ~5 sec, the CO will do a screenshot and beep. Can't hear anything. I've held the RH button down for 10+ sec.

I have tones set to on and fully charged NiMH's, 3 green bars.

Is this normal? Any suggestions for a test?

Edit: Just checked the srn folder on the GPSr, about a dozen new bmp files, so screenshot is working, just no beep.

Edited by MtnHermit

If you press and hold the RH you should hear a beep if the tones are enabled. If not you might have a defective beeper, I'm not aware any other audio controls. If the battery is low audio tone will get disabled but it seems like you realize that!

You can also try navigating to a waypoint, you should get a single beep alert.

-Scott

I did an Alarm Clock test. I concluded the "beeper" works, but the duration of the beep pulse is too short for my transducer.

With the CO 300 sitting on the chair arm, I had no trouble hearing the alarm. The CO 300 awoke from off and put out a ~5 sec tone every ~30 seconds. No way would it wake the dead, but it was audible. However, the button beeps are sometimes there, sometimes not. Apparently, my transducer needs a slightly longer pulse to provide an audible beep. Since this is not user adjustable, I'm left with a mostly non-functional button beep.

Sigh. :blink: