Nuvi Outdoor Cover?

StanOrchard

After MANY hours of research and discussion, I am going to get a Garmin Nuvi 750. This will be for car use as well as geocaching. Obviously, the Nuvis are not as rugged as other models for handheld use. I looked at Fry's today at some water tight cases. Not much there. Has anyone found a decent case/cover for Nuvi models?

After MANY hours of research and discussion, I am going to get a Garmin Nuvi 750. This will be for car use as well as geocaching. Obviously, the Nuvis are not as rugged as other models for handheld use. I looked at Fry's today at some water tight cases. Not much there. Has anyone found a decent case/cover for Nuvi models?

A ziplock sandwich baggie?

Have you checked out the Nuvi 500 & 550. I have the 500, I use it for autorouting and caching, it works great for both.It has a waterproof case and it supports paperless caching just like the Oregon/Colorado. One shortcoming for autorouting is that it does not have the text to speech feature which may be a deal breaker for some but not for me. For caching it is not perfect but it does work nicely. If you want an all in one unit that will give you driving directions to the cache and then guide you to the cache while supplying you with complete information about the cache then this unit is for you.

I agree, a Ziplock bag. You can easily operate the touchscreen and see through it. At $0.10 each, when it wears out, get another.

Well, look at all of you...being all logical and smart. Why didn't I think of something as simple as a baggie?! And thanks to your input and some others, I decided to spend more than planned and get the 500. Thanks!