Feature Request: PQ "OR" in addition to "AND"

dcrep

What I'd really like to do is create a pocket query in the following format: show me all caches that are (not micros) or (terrain >= 3) or (difficulty >= 3). In other words, the only thing that would be filtered out would be micros that have both terrain and difficulty of less than 3.

The website currently only allows "AND"s between clauses, so this behavior can't be easily done. I could create 3 separate PQ's, each with one criterion, then combine them with GSAK. That works, but it's a pain. And perhaps I could do this whole thing in GSAK with one PQ, but I'm a GSAK minimalist.

Sorry if this is a duplicate request, I didn't do an exhaustive search of the archives.

regards,

dcrep

I second this request.

It would also be helpful in filtering Difficulty/Terrain ratings. I might have no interest in that 1/1 parking lot cache, but a 1/4 hike or a 4/1 puzzle would be very interesting to me. The ability to select Terrain of over 2 OR Difficulty of over 2 would eliminate 1/1, 1/1.5, 1.5/1, and 1.5/1.5 caches, for example.

That would be great - but most of the general users can't figure out the PQs as they are now. It's easy to tell them that each filter is more restrictive. Giving them two or three sets of filters would be mega confusing. While I do think it's a great idea, I'm just not sure the return for the number of users that would benefit this would warrant the manhours necessary for the programming.

What I WOULD be in favor of is allowing users to set up multiple PQ criteria (counting against your 40 saved) and allowing you to do a union of set.

Something like this -

Create PQ_101 with the criteria of more than 1.5 terrain, all difficulties and traditional caches (let's say that's 486 caches)

Create PQ_102 with the criteria of more than 2.5 terrain less than 3.0 difficulty and traditional and mystery caches (let's say that's 425 caches)

Generate a union of the results of PQ_101 and PQ_102. Since there's overlap, it might only be 815 caches. I'd even be MORE in favor of this if it allowed each of the PQs to count separately as your 5 caches per day, but they created it in one file up to 1000 points.

That's something that would be easier to program (I would hope) and wouldn't confuse the general public as much.

But I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

That would be great - but most of the general users can't figure out the PQs as they are now. It's easy to tell them that each filter is more restrictive. Giving them two or three sets of filters would be mega confusing.

I agree with this. Another possibility could be to keep the current page as is, but then add a link to a new page with "advanced filters" for those who desire more control.

I might have no interest in that 1/1 parking lot cache, but a 1/4 hike or a 4/1 puzzle would be very interesting to me.

Agree 100%. This is a clearer example of the problem than my original post.

Edited by dcrep