Mixed up maps

ubern000b

I installed several programs on my PC in the following order.

MGC 4

Ont sled maps 2007

Caribbean mapset 1.2 & 1.3 update

CNNA NT 2009

Ibycus 2.1 Canada Topo

After each install I ran mapsource to check that the installed maps were available and they were.

I used mapinstall to build my mapsets and waited while they were installed on my vista hcx 2.4/2.4 2gb microsd card.

When finished I don't have the Caribbean mapset available in the map setup screen but it shows in the dialog box with the checkmark. If I turn on the Ont Sled maps 2007 the caribbean mapset activates. When I turn the sled maps off the caribbean mapset is hidden.

I'm concerned my other mapsets may be screwy and not useful when I really need them.

Ideas? I installed 5 mapsets, did I exceed some limit?

Any thoughts why one mapset (ont sleds 2007) would invoke and hide the caribbean mapset?

You're allowed 2025 map segments in the gmapsupp.img that Mapsource builds and installs on your microSD card. Also, the file cannot exceed 2GB. Both values are visible at the bottom of the map list in Mapsource.

Bit confused here, if the maps were installed and visible in Mapsource, what why use mapinstall? and not use Mapsource?

So assuming that their is NOT an img number conflict. Each individual img file has a unique 8-digit.img file name. Then you should be good to go.

If two mapsets cover the same geographic area, one will be on top of the other, so you'll have to turn off, inside your Vista, the higher to see the lower. Only experiments will determine their order.

Try 1 segment of each map ( to save time) with mapsource, just as a tryout.

It should work and you better use mapsource anyway.

Is there any possibility they have the same name somewhere look for family nr. or something like that.

To be sure the maps are ok look for a couple of streets and places.

Edited by splashy

I don't recall any warning messages about 2025 segment limit or going >2gb. I kept a close eye on the mb's used.

I suspect since I'm still new at this I did something simple but dumb.

I used mapinstall as I didn't think mapsource could do the upload for me. Perhaps that was my mistake.

I installed several programs on my PC in the following order.

MGC 4

Ont sled maps 2007

Caribbean mapset 1.2 & 1.3 update

CNNA NT 2009

Ibycus 2.1 Canada Topo

After each install I ran mapsource to check that the installed maps were available and they were.

I used mapinstall to build my mapsets and waited while they were installed on my vista hcx 2.4/2.4 2gb microsd card.

When finished I don't have the Caribbean mapset available in the map setup screen but it shows in the dialog box with the checkmark. If I turn on the Ont Sled maps 2007 the caribbean mapset activates. When I turn the sled maps off the caribbean mapset is hidden.

I'm concerned my other mapsets may be screwy and not useful when I really need them.

Ideas? I installed 5 mapsets, did I exceed some limit?

Any thoughts why one mapset (ont sleds 2007) would invoke and hide the caribbean mapset?

You can only see one map type at a time even if they are all checked ( which means they are turned on ). There is a hierarchy to viewing each map type. Not having those maps I would guess that the CNNA NT or Caribbean are the top dogs. You would have to turn off those to see one of the others. Try turning all maps off, removing the check marks, and then turn only 1 on , it would have a check mark, and see if it works.

I don't recall any warning messages about 2025 segment limit or going >2gb. I kept a close eye on the mb's used.

Just because your using a 2 Gb card don't expect to be able to utilize all 2 Gbs. I formatted a new 2 Gb micro sd card, FAT 32, today and only had 1.87 Gb of available memory on it.