Lost basemap

Bonaro

I have a Garmin GPS III+ and it has lost it's basemap. It will show position and saved waypoints but on a blank screen. I have Mapsource but the maps are much too detailed (large file) for this old device.

It there a way to download the original low resolution basemap of USA?

It's been a really, really long time since I used my III+. Is it possible there is a setting to hide the basemap, as there is on newer units? If so, maybe it got toggled inadvertently?

If not, I think I remember seeing a post once from someone who thought he had erased the base map from his unit (not a Colorado or Oregon, where I gather it is actually pretty easy to do). IIRC, when he did a hard reset, the basemap came back. Worth a try.

I checked and the basemap is turned on. I toggled it a couple times but nothing came back. no luck

Cant find a hard reset procedure in the manual.

I somehow managed to loose the basemap on my 60cx a couple years ago. after messing around with resetting the unit I finally called garmin and they sent me a replacement unit.