DC caching

Bergie Bunch

Ok folks, I need a hand. We are going to be spending the Friday after Thanksgiving in DC. We have downloaded a ton of virtual caches and lots of micro's. PROBLEM, I broke my foot yesterday. So, since I am somewhat hobbled by the situation, does anyone know the area well enough to give me the best options/caches for handicapped caching in town? I dont want to sit in the car while everyone else goes on the hunt, HOWEVER, I will not be able to do much walking. Is there some place I might find transportation around the monuments? Or anything along those lines like a shuttle buggy or domething? I haven't been to DC in 35 years. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. We have like 50 caches for in town downloaded, but if you have any help....THANKS!! The Bergie Bunch, Daddy Bergie

Edited by Bergie Bunch

The good news is almost all those Virtuals are clustered right on the National Mall, the bad news is that could entail about 8 miles of walk (hobbling :unsure: ) to get them all. If you've plotted them on a map, or used Google Earth you're probably already aware of that. There is a "Tourist Trolley" system that covers the entire area of the Mall...I do not know the price, but they do have a Day-Pass that allows you to get off, and reboard the next one that comes along. That might be the best solution - have fun, many of those Virtuals are very nice. Be sure to have "Last stop for a weary traveler" (GCK12J) on your list, that's bound to put a smile on your face...and depending upon how old you are...it might bring a tear to your eye too.

Bill

Definitely do not miss Last Stop for a Weary Traveler! (GCK12J) Probably the best virtual we've ever done! As I remember our trip, we did ten virtuals and three benchmarks on an afternoon trip of the Mall. Most were not wheelchair accessible. The other ones we liked were The Summer House GCD03B, and Neighbors GC8A46. It was a rather long walk from one end of the mall to the other. ood luck, and have fun.