gpx Tracks on SD card

jimlarkey

Can a gpx track that I downloaded from the web on my mSD card, which includes waypoints, be displayed on my 60Csx?

I'm sure this has been asked before, and ask that you cut me some slack....just have not been able to find it with the Groundspeak search engine.

Do I need to use Mapsource to send it to my GPSr? If so will the embedded waypoints be added to my list of waypoints in my GPSr?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jim

Edited by jimlarkey

What Red90 said. How the embedded waypoints are handled will depend on how they appear in the .GPX file you downloaded.

Load the .GPX file into Mapsource, then look at the Tracks tab and the Waypoints tab. You should see the name of the track in the Tracks tab. You can view it on the map by using the right-click menu or double-clicking.

You might, or might not, see the embedded waypoints in the Waypoints tab. If you do, you can check the Tracks checkbox and the Waypoints checkbox in the Transfer dialog so everything will transfer when you transfer to the GPS.

Or, if you do not want those waypoints added to your GPS waypoints, make sure the Waypoints checkbox is unchecked in the Transfer dialog when you transfer the track to the GPS.

...ken...

No, waypoints and tracks on the card can not be used by the GPS. You must send the track or waypoints to internal memory with a program such as Mapsource.

Correct.

On the 60 series, the SD card is only used for adding maps and POI's. I love my Magellan, which lets me put anything on my SD card, waypoints, routes, tracks, maps, POI's. But I hate my Magellan too http://ray.jerome.jobs.googlepages.com/majormagellanproblem

Thanks guys for your help. The internal memory vs external sounds familiar, and hope to remember this time. Also, knowing that the waypoints get added to my GPSr waypoint list is helpful, since there are over 20 waypoints which I'll have to delete when I'm done with the track.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Jim