What's the longest that it's taken you to find a cache...

Bad_CRC

What's the most time it's taken you to find a cache that you owned, and you hid?

I have one that was reported muggled, and when I went out to check on it, I couldn't see it, but it was right where I hid it, someone just put some sand over it so it was hard to see so it took a while to find.

I have another one that is hidden in a lake, I paddled around the area for probably 30 minutes, before I gave up and left to go to another cache, then came back and looked for another 20 minutes before I eventually found it.

Spent about 90 minutes trying to find one. I was so persistent because several finds had been logged in the past week after I thought it had gone missing. Finally found it about 40 feet from where I hid it. In a spot that made little sense to the hint and well off the coordinates.

cache migration........

I had a small camouflaged cache hidden on a wooden fence that was heavily overgrown with ivy. I went to check on it one morning and couldn't find it. I came back around noon when the light was better and finally found it about 8 feet away. Cache drift. This got to be a regular occurrence and it was getting me ticked off so I just solved the problem by archiving it.

There were some DNFs on one of mine, so I checked and couldn't find it. I hid a new container and thought all was well until people started they were finding 2 containers there. Whoops. :ph34r:

I'm having this issue with one of my caches. I've been out to the cache on two occasions and I cannot find the original container for the life of me (large coffee can) but others find it *and* the new container. Where in heck is that coffee can!? :ph34r::laughing::laughing:

Unless my cache is missing I know and remember the exact spot. Even getting to the location without using a GPS is easy. I guess I burned the location into my mind - online research, physical research, placement, spoiler pictures and regular inspections. Kinda sticks with you after that, plus most of my caches are regular/large so that narrows down the search radius quite a bit :laughing:

I did have one problem child but I blame my lack of ability in finding my cache on darkness :laughing: