Review for placed caches

volar

Today I placed my 1st cache and logged it under www.geocaching.com. The current status is now "under review" and the cache is not visible for others. Do I need to do anything? When will be the cache for common access activated? <_<

Edited by volar

Short answer - wait patiently. A reviewer will check it out and either publish it or tell you what you should fix. My first one took 4 days, but I've had others done in less than a day. Patience is your watchword.

I wondered the same thing about how long it would take, and even waited up, like a kid a Christmas, the first time I placed a cache, so I could watch the first cachers come to me. Three days later, I was very tired and still hadn't been published. I'm better now.

Today I placed my 1st cache and logged it under www.geocaching.com. The current status is now "under review" and the cache is not visible for others. Do I need to do anything? When will be the cache for common access activated? <_<

Your local reviewer is probably out finding Caches. If you go out and find some today, you may find some word when you get home. Congratulations on your first hide!!

<_< Thanks for your quick answers, maybe the web-master(s) of the geocache site, could add a hint about that topic. Meanwhile I got already the 1st notification by a reviewer via email. So thanks for your hints and for your congrat's ;-) Edited by volar

<_< Thanks for your quick answers, maybe the web-master(s) of the geocache site, could add a hint about that topic. Meanwhile I got already the 1st notification by a reviewer via email. So thanks for your hints and for your congrat's ;-)

That first note is probably the one generated automatically to inform you thet it has entered the review process. The reviewer still may not have looked at it. Since you are in Germany, with less activity in that area, it may take a little longer to get reviewed(depending on the volunteers) or they may not be as busy as the reviewers in the US, so who knows.

<_< Thanks for your quick answers, maybe the web-master(s) of the geocache site, could add a hint about that topic. Meanwhile I got already the 1st notification by a reviewer via email. So thanks for your hints and for your congrat's ;-)

Yes, this should be covered in the Hide & Seek a Cache section (but don't hold your breath waiting for it). Instead it is covered in the FAQ section, which you should have read anyhow.

Frequently Asked Questions About Geocaching

When I submit a new cache for publication, how long will it take to be listed?

Each cache that is submitted to Geocaching.com is reviewed by a volunteer, to ensure that the cache meets the Geocaching Listing Guidelines. This process may take up to 72 hours to have your cache posted to the web site. We kindly ask for your patience during this review, especially on weekends when site traffic can be high.