Oregon vs Colorado...first day caching

M3J

OK, as many know from my other posts, I had issues with my Colorado. I upgraded to the Oregon and had it out yesterday for a full day of caching (33 smileys) and driving the countryside.

Bottom line...I LOVE this Oregon. Everything that the Colorado bugged me about is better on the Oregon (though the screen brightness is about the same in my uneducated opinion).

I found navigating a breeze and very quick, accuracy was like my 60CSx (very good), no drift, fast warm up and aquisition, easy to manage screens, comfortable in my hand, and even though the Colorado was easy to get in and out of an auto mount than my 60CSx, the Oregon in the RAM mount couldn't be easier.

I am quite happy I made the move. The Oregon, I dare say, may even be better than my 60CSx!!

Ive got both a Colorado 300 and an Oregon 200.

The lateset firmware update has made my Colorado the unit of choice. In at least 1 case, it got me to the cache better than the Oregon that stopped updating under some tree cover and tons of leaves blowing off the trees.

I must admit that I like the touch screen and overall operation of the Oregon better but the Colorado (now updated) is just as good or better for getting you to the cache. My guess is the type of anntena is just a tad little bit better at holding reception.

I found it hard to believe that the same company designed the Colorado (clearly the worst product introduced since New Coke) and the Oregon.

The difference is incredible. I am now so happy with the Oregon, that I leave the 60CSx at home. And that is high praise. I loved that 60CSx.

Screen navigation and data entry in the Oregon is a dream. I am sure physiotherapists will be treating people for wheel spinitis in years to come if the Colorado continues to be marketed. :yikes: