Southwest washington

msmst25

I'm trying to find some good geocache sites in Southwest Washington (Longview/Kelso/Rainier) area which involve a little bit of trail hiking in the woods. I've been trying to go through the listings, but most seem to be pretty close to the road. My kids really like the hiking, and I'd like to get away from the road a little bit to get them some more exercise. Anything in the 1/2 to 1 mile range would be great. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello msmst25,

Welcome to the game and geocaching in the Pacific Northwest.

I notice your post referenced in the WSGA forums. Took a quick look where you have cached and noticed a few short hikes around the canals in Longview. Looked like fun. Sorry that we are not more familiar with the area up there. We live about forty miles up the Columbia River Gorge from Vancouver. I am sure someone one will show up here with some more specific caches.

The Southwest Washington Chapter of the WSGA is having a meet & greet in Vancouver Pizza Anyone? SW WA Chapter Meet & Greet on the 9th of November. This is very informal. Please feel welcome to come on buy. We love to meet new geocachers.I am sure you will meet many cachers with lots of suggestions on what caches to do.

If you ever make it up the Gorge please email us and we would be happy to give you some ideas for short kid friendly hikes.

In Clark County (Vancouver, Battleground, Camas) area there are a lot of great spots. Battle Ground lake, Lacamas Lake, Salmon Creek, and Whipple Creek are just a few areas that have nice hiking areas.

Here are just a few idea...gets to to the area at least.

GC1EY53

GC1924P

GC1924N

GC18ACX

GC77B2

Cheers,

geojerry7