Colorado 300 GPX trouble

Alv4Cache

Hi!!!

I'm have a problem with may Colorado, as everyone knows the Colorado series is a paperless GPSr for Geocacheing, but , when I try to read de main description of the cache, the description text is showed with html or xml tags. I all ready report this to the Garmin support, they tell me search in the forum,( I did) but I didn't find any topic that fit with my problem. So PLEASE HELP!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D:D

I have upgrade the Garmin plugin. And I have done some test with different geocaches form different places.

I upload some caches from New York, USA, and there are no trouble, when I load Portugues or Spanish caches (With fotos) we have got the problem back. Is this normal, or this is a Bug?????

The problem exists for Oregon as well. Oregon ver2.60 (latest update) and latest version of the plugin. I did not test an US based cache just a Norwegian based cache.

Loading the same cache from GSAK (export GPX) works well.

And storing the GPX file from the listing page also works well.

Go figure. :ph34r:

I doubt that the photos are causing problems. They get stripped before the cache information is downloaded.

First thing to do is make sure that the firmware on your Colorado is up to date. The Colorado, especially with early firmware, is notoriously picky about the HTML it accepts. Use WebUpdater. If you are offered any foreign (to us parochial North Americans) language updates that apply to you, be sure to load them, too.

If that doesn't do it, you might post a couple of the cache IDs here. Somebody will take a quick peek to see if the HTML appears to be well formed. One of the nastier "features" of geocaching.com is that cache owners are allowed to embed their own HTML in the cache description. Most of them are not overly familiar with HTML, so this can cause problems. With early Colorado firmware, we had a lot of problems with caches in my local area because folks who belong to the local geocaching association cut and pasted some broken HTML into ALL of their cache descriptions...

Let us know how it comes out.

Hi! Odur

I get them from geocaching.com web site and download them directly to the Colorado using Garmin Plugin.

Relatively new with an Oregon...

But...can't the Colorado Load like I load the Oregon???

Plug GPS into Computer...open Oregon like a Flash Drive...Drag and Drop GPX file onto the Oregon...

The only time I have used Garmin Plugins was for software updates...

Hi! Odur

I get them from geocaching.com web site and download them directly to the Colorado using Garmin Plugin.

Plug GPS into Computer...open Oregon like a Flash Drive...Drag and Drop GPX file onto the Oregon...

Yes, it can. But if you do it one cache at a time, it's the same GPX file. It has nothing to with how it got to the unit. At least by using Communicator, we've eliminated all the variation that can be introduced by (mis)use of things like GSAK.

Hi! Odur

Yes, it can. But if you do it one cache at a time, it's the same GPX file. It has nothing to with how it got to the unit. At least by using Communicator, we've eliminated all the variation that can be introduced by (mis)use of things like GSAK.

Ok...still a bit in the fog...as to why you are using Communicator...

I order a Pocket Query from GC.com...unzip it...and drop the files onto the Oregon...done!!!

I don't use GSAK and don't use the Communicator...

Today I got a answer for garmin europe:

"This is occurring because there is too much html on the page. Garmin devices cannot handle such complex use of html with links, pictures and font changes.

Kind regards

Mark Beckett Garmin (Europe) Ltd ".

That's why this happen!!!!

Ok...still a bit in the fog...as to why you are using Communicator...

I order a Pocket Query from GC.com...unzip it...and drop the files onto the Oregon...done!!!

I don't use GSAK and don't use the Communicator...

Can't read the OP's mind, but I assume that he's doing what's easiest for him. In terms of finding the problem, the important thing is to eliminate extra variables like GSAK. Both Communicator and PQ will, I think, get you a .gpx file generated directly by geocaching.com, untouched by human hands or other tools.