Duplicate Mystery Geocoin?

she_wolf

Can there be duplicate tracking numbers out there?

I grabbed it from a TB Hotel (Hostel), logged it as a find. Then someone logged it and grabbed it from my inventory, using the same date as me. I still have it in my grubby paws :ph34r:

I don't get it, so now I can't drop it.

Need some help.

:laughing:

I did email the owner of the TB, as well as the person that logged the grab ~ so now what do I do next?

I have had this happen to me and ground speak agreed to delete my TB and reaplce mine and the other persons TB's and the other person did so and was supposed to destroy his set. As for mine it is out there and I have them heading back to me and I did not want to destroy mine by deleting it out of the system as it was my 6 year olds first TB released and she is almost 8 now and loves to watch her where her Trackables are.

The first thing you need to do is Hold on to this TB just incase the owner wants it destroyed and have GC.com replace it if they chose to if there is a duplicated set.

It could have another forged type out there running around also and that one may need to be caught and destroyed.

This could also just be a mistake by hitting one wrong number on a TB and that is easy to do.

I would say to wait and see what the owner of the TB says and go from there.

Good luck.

We all make mistakes and numbers have been duplicated by mistake before.