Postmaster Puzzles

renzotobias

A couple decades ago, I made my living flying from A to B. To pass the boring time on my flights, I would work puzzles. I remember that one of the puzzle mags had a reader competition. In order to compete, the reader would submit their entry is a 'puzzled' envelope. Those that made it to the magazine were judged and the best one declared the winner.

That is too funny. I'm doing a PO Box puzzle cache on the way home from work tonight. It will be the 1st in the area and the 1st I've done (GC1H205)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...45-3a0d154eedad

Edit: How does the post office determine that it is real mail and not just some nut job drawing on an envelope?

Edit: Visionary moment after reading the article. Place a pile of pre-stamped post cards in your cache. On the front of the post card have a similar puzzle that the person has to figure out and then write the address on the post card..

In order to claim credit for the cache, the cache owner has to get the completed post card –

Edited by WatchDog2020

It wasn't exactly a puzzle, but I once received a post card sent to me by a friend who didn't know my address so she wrote just my name and the city on the card. This was before the Internet (early 1980s) so she couldn't look up the address. I lived in a city with about 50,000 people, so I gave credit to the post office for figuring out where to deliver my postcard!