Geocoins near your home location

knowschad

Check in the upper right corner to see if you are logged in. I tried your quoted site and bounced from New York to Seattle to Denver to London each time I hit refresh. Then I noticed I wasn't automatically logged in (as usual). Once I logged in, it gave me the right home map.

P.S. Thanks for the site pointout - I just may use that more.

This was just brought this up in Getting Started, but it really belongs in here.

Geocoins near your home location brings up a different location every time I load it. Just now, it brought me to London. I refereshed the page, and ended up near Seattle. The next time, New York. Very cool page (new to me, if not new) but it isn't working right.

Are your home coords imputed on the acoiunt page?

I don't have my gps yet so I can't put in coordinates. but how do you get the coins to show up? I have zoomed in on Cal, FL, IN, and NY and no coin icons are popping up.

Is there something wrong on my end? or are the geo coins really that rare?

I looked and it shows that I am logged in.

Edited by Brassine Family

You could go to GoogleEarth and zoom to your house. The coordinates will be displayed in the lower left area. Just be sure the "hand" is on your house.

Or, there are several websites where you can input your address and it will return your coordinates. These tend to be somewhat inaccurate, though (mine is off by two houses).

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

I don't have my gps yet so I can't put in coordinates. but how do you get the coins to show up? I have zoomed in on Cal, FL, IN, and NY and no coin icons are popping up.

Is there something wrong on my end? or are the geo coins really that rare?

I looked and it shows that I am logged in.

I don't think you can see the coins in other locations. I noticed that if you move the map, it doesn't update to display coins other than the ones that were initially displayed. This may be intentional, as the caption is "Geocoins near your home location".