New Bug

CLV3

Just got my first travel bug in the mail last night and I have activated it today. Just want to share my idea.

I am going to get a total of 3, one for myself, my wife and my son. (We are known as Team V3 for our finds and hides.) Mine I have attached to a Johnny Lightning collectible car. It is in the form of a classic school bus done up black with the logo and artwork from Iron Maiden's "The Number Of The Beast". I have called it "If This Bus Is A Rocking..." <tracking number removed by moderator> You may check out the mission for it if you'd like.

When we receive the other two, my wife and son will do theirs and we plan on having a sort of race with them.

Anyone else tried doing this with family/friends and how well did it work? Honestly, I am not depending on these hitting every place in the mission. It would just be fun to see where they go and how long they circulate.

Edited by Eartha

Just got my first travel bug in the mail last night and I have activated it today. Just want to share my idea.

I am going to get a total of 3, one for myself, my wife and my son. (We are known as Team V3 for our finds and hides.) Mine I have attached to a Johnny Lightning collectible car. It is in the form of a classic school bus done up black with the logo and artwork from Iron Maiden's "The Number Of The Beast". I have called it "If This Bus Is A Rocking..." <tracking number removedd by moderator> You may check out the mission for it if you'd like.

When we receive the other two, my wife and son will do theirs and we plan on having a sort of race with them.

Anyone else tried doing this with family/friends and how well did it work? Honestly, I am not depending on these hitting every place in the mission. It would just be fun to see where they go and how long they circulate.

First, you want to edit your original post and remove the tracking number. People can virtual log it if they have the number, and then the bug will be shut down. Instead, use the travel bug number (TB29V9C).

Second, from the description, it sound like a bug I'd steal move along. :rolleyes: Just be aware that 'collectible' items occasionally get 'collected', and disappear from circulation.

Edited by Eartha

as a family last year we each had a hot wheel TB and we went on a trip to London England and found a cache over there and the goal was for our TB to race back home to a set cache of ours near our home. look at one of these TB's: TB1RKFT to see how we set it up. 3 out 4 made it back home, mine is MIA in Wisc. somewhere! We did print out specific instructions/goals and attached to each TB. It was fun for each family member to watch the progress of their TB!

I am going to get a total of 3, one for myself, my wife and my son. (We are known as Team V3 for our finds and hides.) Mine I have attached to a Johnny Lightning collectible car. It is in the form of a classic school bus done up black with the logo and artwork from Iron Maiden's "The Number Of The Beast". I have called it "If This Bus Is A Rocking..." <tracking number removed by moderator> You may check out the mission for it if you'd like.

Cool! I got a bug too but for christmas. My nomber is 9MB5V1. Cheak him out. The place were I hid him was on his page! :D:D:D:):D PS. cute smiles!! :D:D:D

Edited by Eartha

Hi, just so you know you don't want to post your bug's tracking number on line.

You can use the reference number located on the upper left hand side of the bug page. TB1R7N1

I know...my bad :rolleyes:. And now I can not edit the post. However, it may be possible for a moderator to close the thread or something??? I feel like such an idiot now. lol

Don't even worry about it for one minute. It's just something not everyone thinks about, and why should you?

It's just that people steal tracking numbers and we all have to be careful, that's all.

Look at it this way, now you know something that you can help pass along to someone else.

Live, learn, share.

Report your own post (it won't cause you any trouble) and ask Eartha to change the numbers to TB number instead of the tracking number.

No, wait. I'll report it for you.

Thank you.... (still feeling stupid but laughing about it)

Don't feel too stupid, I was dumb enough to quote your post in mine where I warned you about posting the number. Duh.

I emailed Eartha this morning, hopefully things will get corrected.

Report your own post (it won't cause you any trouble) and ask Eartha to change the numbers to TB number instead of the tracking number.

No, wait. I'll report it for you.

Thank you.... (still feeling stupid but laughing about it)

Don't feel too stupid, I was dumb enough to quote your post in mine where I warned you about posting the number. Duh.

I emailed Eartha this morning, hopefully things will get corrected.

lol and its in Brittany's post as well