Being logged out after logging in.....................?

popokiiti

I log in to the home page, go to my next page selection and I have been logged out. Anyone know why?

And my weekly mailer has been AWOL for 2 weeks now. This has happened before, and not just to me. It is a bit frustrating to say the least. Anyone else out there having similar issues?

This happens to me about twice a year. I have determined that it is a firewall issue; it updates itself daily and every once in while decides that my hand-picked settings are putting me in dire peril and ramps some of them up to the super-duper-can't-do-anything protection level. I go back in and set them back the way I want, and the continuous-logoff problem goes away.

As for the weekly mailer, your ISP is likely blocking it. Try a Gmail account instead.

The ISP that we have hasn't blocked the weekly mailer to my other half.....it comes through on the desktop and other laptop. I am confused. When this happened before it was a "certifying e-mail" issue, so e-mail is no longer certified.

I am a computer rookie, so is it cookies that are logging me out after I have logged in??? Or the presence of cookies? I appreciate your time and suggestions..........thanks!

I take it you and your other half have separate Geocaching accounts and email accounts? Do you both have your email spam blocking settings (if any) with your ISP set up the same? Both have geocaching.com emails whitelisted?

The presence of cookies is what keeps you logged into the site. When you click the Log Out link the relevant cookies are deleted. You could try manually deleting all geocaching.com cookies and then log back in to see if that corrects the problem.

As for the weekly mailer, your ISP is likely blocking it. Try a Gmail account instead.

Agreed. As I mentioned in another forum I have a gmail account and have my Blackberry set up to read that account for instant notifications as well as my other geocaching related email. The other day I filled out the new cache submission form for a cache I had just placed. I clicked on the "Report New Listing" button and my Blackberry email alarm went off, indicating that it had received new email from Groundspeak *before* the response page finished rendering.

I got my weekly LoBot mailer today...and haven't done anything to my computer. It is only Tuesday, so I am sure it is a case of "better late than never," rather than being ahead of everyone else!!

I have found that IE, although a lot slower, keeps me logged in...Firefox must need adjusting, so give me a few years and I'll let you know how it is going. Thanks again folks and happy caching!