Giving "grabbed" TBs credit

Team Christiansen

Of all the trackables I have ever retrieved, 11 of them I "grabbed", that is, retrieved them from a place other than where they were listed to be. Two of them are currently in my possession.

I have read recently in the forums that, under those circumstances, after "grabbing", online I should place and retrieve again before moving it on to another cache in order to give the TB credit for the cache and mileage. Of the two that I have, I am in the process of doing that. I just placed them, but since I don't have them here at work with me, I will have to wait till I get home tonight to see their tracking #'s in order to retrieve them.

However, with respect to the 9 other TB's that I have long since placed in other caches, I would love to give them credit for the caches I found them in and the mileage, but I don't know how to do that, particularly since I don't have the tracking #'s anymore.

Suggestions?

Forgot to mention, another personal benefit for me is when I click My Account, Travel Bugs, Retrieve it from a cache, everything I have ever picked up will show up.

Edited by Team Christiansen

Of the two that I have, I am in the process of doing that. I just placed them, but since I don't have them here at work with me, I will have to wait till I get home tonight to see their tracking #'s in order to retrieve them.

However, with respect to the 9 other TB's that I have long since placed in other caches, I would love to give them credit for the caches I found them in and the mileage, but I don't know how to do that, particularly since I don't have the tracking #'s anymore.

If it's in your inventory then it's tracking number can be found by you in your profile. Start a cache log and view your dropable inventory, the tracking number is right there.

The ones that are already gone, you are out of luck unless you can get the tracking number from the owner, or find it written down in any of your notes, or go out and get those bugs before someone else has a chance to get them. But if it's passed through more than one cache then the mileage will be screwed up forever.

This is one reason I DO NOT grab items. I wait until the person who dropped them off actually drops them off. In a few cases I have to send a reminder to them to do so.

I also have in the past used my inventory as my only record of the tracking number of some trackables. Not a good idea since I dropped them at an event and someone grabbed them before I electronically dropped them and therefore 'lost' the tracking number from my extensive records of all trackables I've had. Nope, from then on tracking numbers are recorded on my computer and and under my control.

Suggestions?

Yep, easy to do. Provided the bug owner is willing to give you the tracking number so you can do the backlogging. I personally keep an excel spread sheet of every bug number I've found

Wait until it's sitting in a cache.

Retrieve the bug from the current cache - current date

Post a note on the old cache - past date - and drop the bug.

Retrieve the bug - past date

Post a note on the current cache - current date - and drop the bug.

Access both the current and old cache pages and delete your notes. It won't affect the tracking.

Access the bug page and delete the retrieve and drop for the current cache. - this will make it so it show the last cacher was the one to drop it.

That's it.

Let me know if you need any clarification.